Trail Mix Breakfast Bars are made with a banana-walnut layer mixed together with your favorite trail mix ingredients including chocolate chips, dried fruit, seeds and walnuts! The bars are naturally gluten free and perfect for kids and adults.
- 3/4 cup California walnuts divided
- 1 medium ripe banana peeled
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup raisins or cranberries or a mix of both
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Pulse ½ cup walnuts into small pieces in a food processor.
- In a large bowl, mash banana with a fork. Add maple syrup, coconut oil, egg and vanilla extract. Whisk until well incorporated. Add the pureed walnuts, oats, cinnamon, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Stir to combine. Fold in half of the chocolate chips, raisins and pumpkin seeds. Fold in 2 tablespoons of the walnuts.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan. Using a rubber spatula, smooth into an even layer. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips, raisins, walnuts and pumpkin seeds on top.
- Bake 15 minutes or until lightly golden around the edges. Remove from oven and cool slightly. Slice into small bars and enjoy!