Italian chicken sausage is simmered with broth, tomatoes, spinach and tortellini for this hearty, Italian-inspired favorite.
This is my favorite tortellini soup recipe. It’s quick to fix on a busy night and full of healthy, tasty ingredients. It originally called for spicy sausage links, but I’ve found that turkey sausage, or even ground turkey breast, is just as good.
SAUSAGE TORTELLINI SOUP is such an easy and delicious soup to throw together on busy days! This Sweet Italian Sausage Recipe is bursting with that classic Italian flavor. I love it! Using a pre-made stuffed pasta for this Sweet Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup recipe helped make it extra simple AND extra tasty.
Easy Chicken Sausage Tortellini Soup is loaded with Italian chicken sausage, cheese tortellini and spinach in a light tomato cream broth. This quick and easy dinner takes just 20 minutes to make and is picky-eater approved!
- 1 (16 ounce) package al fresco(R) All Natural Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 (14 ounce) cans low fat, low sodium chicken broth
- 18 ounces refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 1/4 cups fresh red tomatoes, chopped
- 6 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Heat Dutch oven with 1/2 tsp of oil to coat and saute chicken sausage until browned and internal heat is 165 degrees.
- Remove from pan and slice into small pieces and set aside.
- Meanwhile, finely mince the garlic cloves.
- Heat remaining oil in pan, add garlic and saute for 30 seconds, stir in wine and broth and bring to a boil.
- Cook for about 2 minutes then add tortellini.
- Cook for another 5 minutes and then stir in spinach and tomato.
- Cook until the spinach wilts, 2 minutes.
- Return sauteed sausage pieces to the soup, cook for an additional 5 minutes add the butter and serve when butter is melted.