Studded with briny olives, bright lemon zest and a touch of dill, this healthy, easy salmon cake recipe is perfect for dinner and for freezing…. To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
- 4 scallions, quartered
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh dill or thyme
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds wild salmon (see Tip), skinned and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Place scallions, olives and dill (or thyme) in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Working in 3 or 4 batches, pulse salmon just 2 or 3 times to finely chop, but not puree.
- Add the chopped salmon to the bowl; gently mix until combined. (Alternatively, finely chop salmon, scallions, olives and herbs by hand before combining with lemon zest, salt and pepper.)
- Divide the mixture into 8 patties, about 3 inches in diameter and 3/4 inch thick. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes (or up to 2 hours) before cooking.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add 4 salmon cakes and cook until browned on both sides and just cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes total.
- Repeat with the remaining oil and salmon cakes.
10 g fat
2 g sat
2 g carbohydrates
0 g total sugars
29 g protein
1 g fiber
SmartPoints value : 4