My Granny made this for Easter dinner. We were all sitting at the table commenting on how delicious it was.
She sat down took a bite and sighed, Ahhh, I’ll never make this again. We all told her she was crazy and asked for the recipe.
These roasted sweet potatoes have a crispy caramelized exterior and a soft irresistible interior. The optional seasoning blend adds a perfect accent to these potatoes without masking their natural sweetness or flavor
- 3 Sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-size cubes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- A tbsp of brown sugar (more if you want it sweeter)
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg
- Pinch of ground ginger
- Sea salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a small baking dish with cooking spray.
- Peel and dice the sweet potatoes into bite-size cubes and place in the baking dish.
- Melt butter in the microwave and pour over the potatoes along with the olive oil, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt.
- Add more sugar or cinnamon if desired. Toss to coat evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 60 minutes.
- Stir the sweet potatoes once or twice during roasting. Enjoy.