Red Curry Chicken is one of the most popular dishes of Thai cuisine, and is very popular in other Asian countries. A dish that combines the spiciness of red curry with pineapple sweetness.
- 10 oz. chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon of red curry paste
- 2 oz pineapple
- 1/4 lb potatoes
- 8 oz coconut milk
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 can chicken broth
- salt to taste
- Wash and dry potatoes. Cut into 1-2 inch cubes.
- Cut the chicken into strips. Cut the pineapple into cubes.
- In a small pot, bring chicken broth to a simmer.
- In a wok pour half of the coconut milk, bring almost to boiling point and then lower the heat and let it simmer.
- After one or two munutes, add the curry paste to coconut milk and cook on high heat for about 2 minutes stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Add the chicken and potatoes, stirring until the chicken is browned.
- Add the remaining coconut milk and kaffir lime leaves, continue stirring. When back to a boil, cover with lid.Lower the heat and simmer slowly for about 15 minutes.
- Add chicken broth to wok, until sauce is at the consistancy that you would like.
- Remove the wok from the heat, add pineapple, fish sauce, sugar and mix gently.
- Serve over rice.