Raspberry Streusel Bars: Scrumptious berry bars with a melt in your mouth oatmeal crumb topping! With fresh or frozen berries, you can make these raspberry squares all year long
This is a wonderful dessert for the upcoming warmer weather, Mother’s Day, showers, and the like. They’re something everyone is guaranteed to love and you can easily double the recipe to make a larger batch to feed partygoers, family, raspberry lovers, streusel addicts, icing-aholics.
For the crust:
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
For the filling:
1/2 cup raspberries
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
For the topping:
1/2 cup oats
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter, softened
- Preheat the oven to 300°F and line a 7”x7” baking tray with parchment paper. For the crust, melt the butter in the microwave and stir in the sugar and flour until a wet, sticky dough forms.
- Use your fingertips to press the dough into the lined baking tray. Make sure its evenly thick and goes right up into the corners. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- While the crust is baking make the filling by stirring the raspberries, sugar and cornstarch together. Place in the microwave and cook for around 60 seconds, until thick. Set to one side.
- Make the streusel topping by stirring the oats, sugar, flour and butter together until totally combined. Set to one side.
- When the crust has baked, remove it from the oven and increase the temperature to 350°F. Spread the raspberry filling onto the crust and sprinkle over the streusel topping.
- Return to the oven and bake for a final 30 minutes, until the top is golden brown. Leave to cool to room temperature before slicing into 9 squares.
These raspberry streusel bars are best kept inside a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to one week. But they’ll also store in the freezer for up to six months.
If you try these raspberry streusel bars, let us know what you think! Leave a comment, pin it, and don’t forget to send a picture. We love to see your kitchen skills in action!