This peanut butter chocolate chip bread is a favorite of my kids, either for a special breakfast on Easter morning or a side dish brought to a fancy brunch. It is a very flexible recipe. You can use it for plain banana bread, a peanut butter banana bread, or a chocolate chip banana bread. Great for Easter brunch!
Perfect, moist banana bread with a peanut butter kick, plus chocolate chips for good measure.
This Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is the best of all possible worlds! This riff on classic Banana Bread is so good, the whole loaf will be gone before you know it.
This is a very simple quick bread recipe, which consists of whisking the dry ingredients in one bowl, the wet ingredients in another, and then folding them together.
- cooking spray
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup unsweetened crunchy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk whole-wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir mashed bananas, peanut butter, brown sugar, yogurt, egg, and canola oil thoroughly in a separate bowl.
- Stir the banana mixture into the dry ingredients until thoroughly combined; stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the loaf is lightly browned at the edges and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Cool the bread in the pan on a rack for 15 minutes before removing bread to finish cooling on a rack. Slice when cool.