This amazing recipe for Nuts and Berries Granola contains clusters of crunchy oats, mixed with dried fruit and nuts, this granola is so good, you’ll be eating it straight out of the jar.
- 320 g whole rolled oats (use gluten-free certified for gluten free)
- 5 packed tbsp light-brown sugar
- 4 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 4 tbsp water
- 100 g chopped, mixed nuts (I used brazil nuts, cashews, walnuts and almonds)
- 150 g mixed dried berries (I used a mixed pack containing golden and jumbo raisins, cranberries, cherries, strawberries and blueberries)
- Preheat the oven to 175c/350f. In a large bowl, mix together the oats, brown sugar, honey, coconut oil and water.
- Once mixed, spoon it out onto a large metal baking tray and place it in the oven for 14-16 minutes. Check on the granola a couple of times during cooking to make sure it’s not burning at the edges. If the edges of the granola are looking a lot darker, give the granola a mix. Once the granola is a light golden brown, add in the chopped nuts and place back in the oven for a further 2-4 minutes.
- Take the granola out of the oven and leave to cool completely on the tray (leaving to cool completely – without mixing – is what helps the granola stick together to form those lovely clumps). Once cool, sprinkle on the dried fruit and mix in. You may find that some of the granola has stuck to the bottom of the tray during cooling, this is fine, use a metal spatula to lift the granola from the tray.
- Spoon the granola into an air-tight jar – ready for breakfast, snacking or general clump stealing.