I’m a bad mother. Every Halloween, my kids knew that once they were done trick or treating, they had to sit down and take out at least half the Peanut Butter Cups they had–because those were clearly meant for me.
I’m serious. I steal candy from my own kids. But at least it’s only one kind. They can have (most of) the rest of it. The thing is, keto Halloween candy is so difficult to get! So you’ll have to make your own.
Fortunately for me, I’m not the only peanut-butter-chocolate addict who is trying to quit/reduce sugar. Knowing there’s one of those little sugar-free treats waiting for me has made things much easier.
But I mean I’m clearly a peanut-chocolate fiend and I’m not the only one. Peanut Butter cups are one of the best selling candies in the United States, and I’m just a willing devotee of that trend.
I used to make a sugared version of these back in the day, and I wanted to reproduce that taste. It definitely takes a few specialty ingredients, but I tend to use those ingredients like Swerve and Sugar-Free Chocolate chips for other Keto Desserts so I am okay with stocking up on them.
8 x 8 Baking Dish
For the Bars
- 3/4 cup Almond Flour
- 2 oz Butter
- 1/4 cup Swerve Icing sugar style
- 1/2 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- Vanilla extract
For the Topping
- 1/2 cup Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips
Mix all the ingredients for the bars together and spread into a small 6 inch pan
Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave oven for 30 seconds and stir.
Add another 10 seconds if needed to melt fully.
Spread the topping on top of the bars.
Refrigerate for at least an hour or two until the bars thicken up. These bars definitely improve with keeping so don’t be in a huge rush to eat them.
Tips and Tricks
- I used a pastry cutter, but you can also use two knives to cut the ingredients in if you prefer. The pastry cutter does make it easier and you can use it for other recipes as well.
- I also like to make these in an 8-inch pan, but it’s a lot easier if you line it with parchment paper if you do that. Comes out very easily that way.
- Mix butter, peanut butter, and Swerve with the almond flour and pat out
- Melt chocolate and pour on top
- DO NOT RUSH THIS. Let it solidify in the fridge and let the tastes mingle. If you eat it too soon, it will taste like artificial sugar. Let the tastes meld together and it will be super fantastic.