– 1 tablespoon butter
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 small onion, sliced
– 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
– 2 cloves garlic, chopped
– 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
– 1/4 cup white wine or broth
– salt and pepper to taste
– 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
– 1/2 teaspoon truffle oil (optional)
– 1 cup fontina or gruyere, shredded
– 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano, grated
– 4 slices bread
– 2 tablespoon butter
Melt the butter and heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
Add the onion and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
Add the garlic and thyme and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
Add the cremini mushrooms and saute until the start to caramelized and turn golden brown, about 10-15 minutes.
Add the wine, deglaze the pan and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 2-3 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper, add the parsley and remove from heat and let cool a bit
Mix the cheese into the mushrooms.
Butter one side of each slice of bread and place 2 in the pan buttered side down.
Top each with 1/2 of the mushroom mixture and finally the remaining slices of bread with the buttered side up.