Passed down by my grandmother and mother, this Martha Washington candy recipe is a cherished family tradition. We’ve even had each grandchild and great-grandchild take a turn stirring the candy mixture!
Martha Washington Candy has a pecan and coconut center covered in chocolate. This old-fashioned favorite is perfect for holiday gift giving.
These Martha Washington Candies are an excellent addition to your holiday celebrations, are ideal for gift giving, and look impressive on a cookie tray!
Martha Washington Candy is an old-fashioned favorite for the holidays — and it’s easy to see why. Loaded with creamy sweetened coconut-pecan centers coated in chocolate, this classic confection is a purely decadent delight. Enjoy it in its traditional coconut-pecan flavor, or add in chopped maraschino cherries. Either way, there’s just one word to describe it — delicious!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 (14 oz) package sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (10 oz) jar maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- 3 cups pecans, finely chopped
- (16 oz) chocolate coating
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, coconut, condensed milk, and pecans.
- Fold in chopped cherries.
- Refrigerate mixture for at least two hours.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out and roll into balls.
- Place onto prepared baking sheet.
- Chill until firm, about 20 minutes.
- Once firm, add chocolate coating to a microwave-safe bowl and melt according to package instructions.
- Dip balls in melted chocolate, shaking off excess.
- Place back on wax paper and allow to sit until firm.