What’s better than a Mexican pizza? A Chicago-style Mexican pizza with layers upon layers of spicy deliciousness. This indulgent recipe makes the perfect party dish. Ground beef, cheese, beans, tortillas… create layers, bake and serve. Top with sour cream and fresh cilantro and “que viva Mexico”.
Find out how to make this Easy Baked Taco Pie. From ground beef and veggies to the dollop of sour cream on top, this Easy Baked Taco Pie has it all.
Layers of authentic flavors in a microwaveable bowl let you give the stove the night off and the cook a mini vacation with this easy microwave taco pie.
Taco Bake (sometimes known as Mexican Pizza) is a simple and quick weeknight meal with layers of tortillas, ground beef and salsa con queso!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (16 oz) can refried beans
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 8-inch flour tortillas
- 2 cups Mexican cheese, grated
- Sour cream
- Black olives
- Iceberg lettuce, chopped
- Tomatoes, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray an 8-inch springform pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef and drain, if needed.
- Add in the refried beans, taco seasoning, and water, and simmer until most liquid has absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Line the bottom of the prepared pan with a tortilla. Spread 1/5 of the beef mixture evenly over the tortilla and top with 1/4 cup of the cheese.
- Repeat layers – tortilla, beef, cheese – ending with a tortilla on top.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top and bake until cheese is melted and golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Serve with toppings if desired.