6g CARB ONLY ‘PANDA EXPRESS’ CHICKEN 📝
For the Chicken:
1lb Chicken Thighs
Tbsp Garlic Powder
1 cup UNFLAVOURED Whey Protein Powder
For the Sauce:
SF Orange Marmelade
Monk Fruit Sweetener
(Equal Parts of Each)
Crushed Red Pepper
1. Cut small bite sized pieces of boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 pound, I had 6 thighs in
my package). Mix them with one egg, a tablespoon of garlic powder, teaspoon of salt, and teaspoon
of pepper. Add one tablespoon of any kind of milk.
2. Add about one cup of whey protein powder (UNFLAVORED, not natural, people) and mix it
around to coat the chicken. I GRADUALLY added the protein powder as I mixed and the powder
settled/got stuck to the bottom or side so this step is dependent on how it sticks to the chicken.you
could likely use less for sure. There just needs to be some sprinkled on the chicken for there to be a
crunch. It shouldn’t be a sludge like batter though. Like a wet dusting, if that makes sense.
3. Drop the “battered” chicken one piece at a time in hot oil (375 degree) – cook for at least 3
minutes but just take it out when it’s crispy enough for you.
4. While the chicken is cooking, heat a skillet on low and mix equal parts sugar free orange
marmalade, soy sauce, & monkfruit sweetener. Then add ginger powder, garlic powder, and crushed
red pepper to taste. Stir the sauce and then add a tablespoon of water because it thickens fast.
5. Take the chicken out and put it in a bowl. Pour the sauce over it and then place another bowl on
top and shake it.
6. Serve with a side of steamed broccoli.