The Perfect keto garlic chicken skillet! This super fried chicken is quick and easy to roast with a delicious garlic and herb sauce that will definitely be successful! It’s a protein-rich dish, which is what you need throughout the busy weekdays. As is well known, protein is very important in the keto diet. So this recipe is perfect.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon each onion powder and garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For The Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces sliced brown mushrooms
- 8 ounces sliced red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon each of dried thyme, dried rosemary, and red pepper flakes (adjust to your taste)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Combine the onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Coat the chicken evenly with the combined seasoning.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken thighs in batches until browned on each side and no longer pink in centre (about 8 minutes each side, depending on thickness). Transfer to a plate; set aside.
3. In the same pan or skillet, melt the butter and add the onions; brown for 1-2 minutes until soft and fragrant. Then add in mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper and cook until soft (about 3 minutes). Add the garlic, red pepper, parsley, thyme and rosemary; continue to sauté until fragrant (about 1-2 minutes).
4. Return chicken to the pan and coat with sauce. Taste test and season with salt and pepper if needed. Top chicken with onion/mushroom mixture, and garnish with fresh parsley. Serve immediately.