This creamy chicken and vegetable is low carb and high fat, everything you want in a keto dish! I have only made it once so far and it turned out delicious! If you have any tips or improvements, please let me know! This is a large recipe that you can easily get 8 to 10 servings from. I cook most of my keto meals this way, so we can then dish up all the leftovers into meal prep containers for lunches.
- 1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat in a large pot. Add bacon, onion, and garlic; cook until onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Add chicken and cover the pot. Cook until chicken is no longer pink in the centers, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in broccoli, cauliflower, leek, mushrooms, chicken stock, and garlic and herb seasoning. Replace the lid and cook until vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a saucepan over medium heat. Add remaining butter and heavy cream and heat through, 2 to 3 minutes. Add cream cheese and cook until melted, stirring often, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove sauce from heat. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Drain and discard excess liquid from chicken mixture, if necessary. Transfer mixture to a large baking dish. Pour sauce on top and add grated Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and browned to your liking, about 10 minutes.
- Cook’s Notes:
- It is important to make sure the chicken doesn’t sear and brown, as this changes the color and flavor of the sauce in the end of the dish. If you notice your chicken browning, then reduce your heat and cook for a longer time.
- If you prefer your sauce thicker, add extra cream cheese.
- You can top this with any cheese that you prefer.