Sometimes, I overestimate what my family will eat. No worries, a casserole will help use up those leftovers! You may use any combination of cooked chicken–dark and white, all dark, or all white. I used chicken thighs. Add some leftover cooked broccoli and some pantry items, and you are there. It’s a ‘keto’ recipe, to boot
- 3/4 cup crushed pork rinds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Pour olive oil into a 9×13-inch baking dish and spread all over the bottom and sides. Place cooked chicken in a single layer in the bottom of the dish. Distribute cooked broccoli evenly over the chicken and sprinkle with almonds.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add cream; cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in cream cheese pieces until melted and smooth, 2 to 3 minutes. Add Cheddar cheese and stir until melted, 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over chicken, broccoli, and almonds; top with crushed pork rinds.
- Bake in the preheated oven until sauce is bubbly, 25 to 30 minutes.