Everybody loves their Mom’s cooking—even celebrities. Johnny Cash was lucky enough to have a mother who made him this fabulous pineapple pie. Like southern iced tea, this sugary, fruity pie will make that sweet tooth sing.
Johnny Cash’s Pineapple Pie – a tasty and filling pie made with pineapple, cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar and a little touch of rum plus a spot on the crust that blends perfectly with the flavored fruit. A must-have on any occasion!
Okay, so this isn’t really Johnny Cash’s recipe, but it was his mama’s and it was reportedly one of his favorite foods. If it was good enough for Johnny, it’s good enough for us, but it’s more than good enough – it’s a simple, sweetly southern pie that’s totally direct in its use of pineapple. That’s what this pie is all about. Well that, and a bit of sugar.
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat all filling ingredients together and pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake until set and golden brown, about 50 minutes.