This homemade CopyCat Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole is so cheesy and so easy to make right at home. Great for breakfast or even a dinner side. Plus they are perfect for potlucks or anytime you are needing to feed a crowd.
Hashbrown Casserole is easy, cheesy and totally delicious! This simple casserole is made easy with frozen hashbrowns!
This Hashbrown Casserole tastes just like the Cracker Barrel version and is so easy to make. Plus, you can make it ahead of time and can freeze leftovers!
Copy Cat Cracker Barrel Hashbrown casserole needs just 5 minutes of prep making it a great side or potluck dish! The perfect breakfast casserole!
- 1 container sour cream (16 ounces)
- ½ cup onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (grated), plus more for sprinkling on the top
- 1 package (2 pounds) frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 (10¼ ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- optional – green onions, sliced (green parts only)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together and spread it out in a casserole dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until brown on top and cheese has melted.
- In the last few minutes of baking, sprinkle the top of the casserole with additional cheese and bake until melted. Serve.
- * optional – Sprinkle with sliced green onions