Hasselback chicken fajitas are the low carb way to enjoy the flavors of Mexico! This simple low carb chicken recipe is seasoned with fajita seasoning and stuffed with peppers and onions.
This Grilled Hassleback Fajita Stuffed Chicken is stuffed with bell peppers and red onions then topped with tex mex cheese – it’s a delicious and healthy weeknight dinner that comes together in a pinch!
Looking for a quick and easy dinner to whip up on those busy weeknights? We’ve got just the thing! Chicken is certainly a staple in my family dinners, but sometimes it feels like I prepare the same three or four chicken dinners over and over again. I’m excited to add Hasselback fajita chicken to the meal rotation.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- Cilantro, chopped, for serving
- Preheat oven to 450°F and grease a baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Make horizontal slices across each chicken breast, stopping 1/4-inch from the bottom.
- Coat chicken with olive oil and rub taco seasoning into the meat.
- Tuck peppers and onion into each slice then place chicken in prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove, top with cheese, and return to oven until cheese has melted and chicken has cooked through, about 5 more minutes.