Hash browns or hashed browns or hash browns are a simple preparation in which potatoes are pan-fried after being shredded, diced, julienned or riced, in the style of a Swiss Rösti.
In some cultures, hash browns or hashed browns can refer to any of these preparations, while in others it may refer to one specific preparation.
Hash browns are a staple breakfast food at diners in North America and the UK, where they are often fried on a large common cooktop or grill.
Pizza is one of the most popular foods in the world and the common fast food item in Europe and North America. Many independent or chain restaurants, cafes, and fast food outlets offer pizza.
Restaurants or chains specializing in pizza are pizzerias. Pizza delivery is common in some parts of the world.
For The Crust
- 1 package (20 oz) Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns (any variety)
- 2 small eggs (or 1 large egg)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
For The Topping
- 4-5 eggs
- 1 cup mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced bell peppers (or sausage, bacon)
- 1/8 cup diced onion (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 425° F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper, foil or a cookie sheet. Lightly grease with oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, eggs, and cheese until completely mixed.
- Pour mixture onto the greased baking sheet and shape into a circle or oval. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- While the crust is baking, prepare the toppings. Remove crust from oven and top with cheese, eggs, and veggies. Return to bake for 12-15
- minutes or until eggs are done to desired consistency. Cool for 5 minutes. Slice and serve hot.