This is a warm French toast dish my step-mom made once years ago, and my kids have never stopped asking for it. Now they are making it for their kids! Drizzle melted butter over each serving, sprinkle with powdered sugar, and serve with warm maple syrup. Strawberries can be used in place of blueberries.
- Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Beat eggs, milk, flour, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg, and salt in a large bowl with a hand mixer until smooth; add bread cubes and stir until well coated. Pour bread mixture into prepared baking dish. Top evenly with blueberries, pecans, and cream cheese cubes. Cover dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.