This is everyone’s holiday favorite, even the busy cook’s, because it is so easy to make.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9-inch square pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Beat in the egg, and mix in the molasses.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. Blend into the creamed mixture. Stir in the hot water. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan before serving.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 375 calories; 11.265.3 4.4 48 435