Vegetarian tacos are fun and easy to make. Everyone can help themselves to the crunchy corn tacos, spicy bean filling, creamy avocado, soured cream and grated cheese.
If you’re making this recipe with children, see the tips section for advice on kitchen safety.
- 2 x 400g tins beans (e.g. black beans, cannellini beans, borlotti beans), drained and rinsed
- 100g/3½oz frozen peas or sweetcorn
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 8 crispy tacos shells
- ½ ripe avocado
- ¼ lemon, juice only
- handful coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 60g/2¼oz Cheddar cheese, grated, to serve
- soured cream, to serve
Preheat to oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
Tip the beans, peas, tomatoes, oregano, chilli flakes and tomato purée into a roasting tin and toss together. Bake for 15 minutes. For the last few minutes of cooking, put the tacos on a baking tray and warm in the oven.
Meanwhile, mash together the avocado, lemon juice and coriander.
Carefully tip the beans into a serving bowl. Put the tacos, beans, avocado, cheese and soured cream in separate bowls on the table so everyone can help themselves.