These truffles are very easy and delicious. You can’t go wrong with OREO, cream cheese and chocolate!
Crowd pleaser. everyone always begs for these but i recommend the following:
1. don’t use double stuf oreos (they fall apart, it’s messy, just don’t try it)
2. you can subsitute almond bark for the outer coating, it’s delicious.
3. the chocolate outer coating is really really hard to put on the oreo balls so first make sure that you CHILL the balls. then melt the chocolate on low heat or microwave and my method of dipping (so that the balls wouldn’t fall apart and get the chocolate all dirty) was to take two spoons and kind of roll it around / spoon chocolate onto the ball.
- 1 (16 ounce) package OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 (8 ounce) packages BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, melted
- Crush 9 of the cookies to fine crumbs in food processor; reserve for later use. (Cookies can also be finely crushed in a resealable plastic bag using a rolling pin.) Crush remaining 36 cookies to fine crumbs; place in medium bowl. Add cream cheese; mix until well blended. Roll cookie mixture into 42 balls, about 1-inch in diameter.
- Dip balls in chocolate; place on wax paper-covered baking sheet. (Any leftover chocolate can be stored at room temperature for another use.)
- Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Store leftover truffles, covered, in refrigerator.