Easy Corn Casserole made with Jiffy mix, cheddar cheese, sour cream, green chiles, a little cream cheese for creaminess and BACON! A savory, comforting side dish that everyone will beg you to make over and over!
To think that there was once a time in my life when this Corn Casserole was not in it sort of makes me sad. I mean, what’s not to love? Corn seems to be the most favorite vegetable in the whole wide World, and when you mix it up with the sweetness of Jiffy corn bread mix, cheesy cheddar cheese, green chiles for a little spice, and sour cream and bit of cream cheese for creaminess, you’re in for a real treat.
- 2 cans whole kernel corn (1 drained)
- 1 can cream corn
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1 package of corn muffin mix (Martha White or Jiffy)
- 1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional: red pepper
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease casserole bowl with a little butter.
- In a large bowl, stir or whisk together the 3 cans of corn (1 can of the whole kernel corn is drained & the other can should still have the water), corn muffin mix, sour cream, melted butter, and cheddar cheese.
- Sprinkle with a little red pepper before baking. Bake 45-55 minutes, until golden brown. Serves 6