This quick and easy vegan chickpea coconut curry is ready in less than 15 minutes! It’s fresh, healthy, and delicious. Great served over rice!
Prep Time 5 minutes | Cook Time 10 minutes | Total Time 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion chopped finely
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 heaped tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 2 (19 fluid ounce) cans chickpeas drained
- 1 heaped tablespoon curry powder
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can coconut milk (I used full fat)
- Handful fresh basil sliced thin
- Generous handful cilantro chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Lime wedges for serving
- If making this with rice I’d get the rice started before you start cooking the curry.
- Add olive oil to a medium-to-large pot and sauté the onion for 5-7 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the garlic and red curry paste. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the chickpeas, curry powder, lime juice, and coconut milk to the pot. Reduce the heat to medium and let the curry warm through. Season with salt & pepper as needed.
- Add the basil and cilantro before serving. I served this dish with rice and the lime wedges.
- I used Thai Kitchen red curry paste and McCormick curry powder (medium spice level).
- Serves 4+ depending on how much people eat.