I definitely thought I’d muck these keto dinner rolls up because I’ve tried several bread recipes and barely any of them turned out. The ones that did, I didn’t really like the presentation.
but GUYS. I think I have finally figured out an amazing gluten free & keto flour recipe that is PERFECT for bread, rolls and other delicious things. The ratio of almond flour to whey protein is just right. The best part is the protein is so light that it gives the bread a decent rise!
- 1 cup (100g) almond flour
- 3/4 cup (50g) keto protein powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/4 cup (118ml) hot water
- 1/4 cup (50g) butter – melted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together your almond flour, protein powder, salt, xanthan gum and baking powder.
- Pour in the butter and water and use a spatula to mix the ingredients all together until you get a nice dough. It will be sticky to touch.
- Wet your hands and take a small chunk of the dough and form into a ball.
- Place the rolls onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 375°F / 175°C for 10-12 minutes or until they are a nice golden brown.
3.3 net carbs per roll.