Cinnamon Rolls in Muffin form! These Cinnamon Roll Muffins are fluffy, tender, gooey and delicious! Drizzle on some cinnamon cream cheese icing for a fun breakfast treat!
This tender cinnamon rolls muffins recipe has all the flavors you crave from a cinnamon roll and the tenderness and convenience of baking a muffin! The perfect sweet treat, ideal for breakfast, brunch, or dessert!
Cinnamon Roll Muffins have all the flavors of your favorite indulgent cinnamon rolls, in an easy-to-eat, handheld bite. Swirled and topped with a mouthwatering cinnamon sugar filling, and finished with a wonderful cream cheese drizzle, these are hard to resist.
When your cinnamon roll cravings strike and you don’t have a Cinnabon to drive down to, this recipe will save the day! Try these Cinnamon Roll Muffins with Crunchy Streusel Top that turn out to be giant sized and are ready under 40 minutes!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted butter, cooled slightly
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk (plus more as needed)
Topping and Filling
- 1 cup brown sugar, loosely packed
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1½ cups coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- dash of vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Generously grease a standard 12 cup muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, sift together the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients until well combined. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add the egg mixture, stirring only until just combined.
- Combine all the topping/filling ingredients. Gently fold half of the mixture into the muffin batter.
- Spoon the muffin batter, about ¼ cup, into each muffin tin. Top with remaining brown sugar mixture. Bake at 400 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes, or until muffins spring back when pressed lightly. Remove from oven. Cool slightly, then transfer carefully to a wire rack.
- Whisk together all of the frosting ingredients. Drizzle over the top of the muffins and enjoy every single delicious bite . . . maybe even lick your fingers when you’re done.