We serve these with ranch for dipping. You could serve with some celery stalks as well. Great for parties or football games. Definite crowd pleaser.
This blue-ribbon recipe for Buffalo Shrimp is quick and easy to prepare, and the perfect marriage of sweet, briny shrimp and spices. After the first bite, your taste buds will be doing the happy dance!
These sweet and spicy buffalo shrimp are the perfect party appetizer, they’re the first snack to go at any gathering!
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 30 frozen medium shrimp – thawed, shelled, and deveined
- 1/4 cup hot pepper sauce (such as Frank’s RedHot(R)), or to taste
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Pat shrimp dry with paper towels.
- Combine flour, lemon pepper seasoning, baking powder, salt, garlic powder, and cayenne together in a bowl.
- Whisk eggs and milk together in a second bowl.
- Dip each shrimp in the egg mixture, then the flour mixture to evenly coat.
- Transfer prepared shrimp to a baking sheet until ready to fry.
- Sprinkle additional flour as needed to fully cover.
- Cook 8 to 10 shrimp at a time in the hot oil until golden brown on the outside and cooked through on the inside, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a baking sheet lined with paper towels.
- Repeat with remaining shrimp.
- Toss shrimp together with hot sauce in a large bowl until each piece is coated.