No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies are an old-timey favorite and one of the easiest and most delicious cookies you’ll ever make. I think pretty much everyone has had these cookies at one time or another and pretty much everyone loves them.
These Classic No-Bake Cookies only require a few simple ingredients and are incredibly easy to make. Loaded with peanut butter, oats, and cocoa powder, these cookies are perfect for an easy dessert!
What could be better than an indulgent dessert made from ingredients you have sitting in your pantry and that never needs to go into the oven? These cookies take just minutes of work; most of the time is spent waiting for them to harden into the rich, nutty, chocolaty delights that they are.
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 stick butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, optional
- Line 1-2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine sugar, milk, butter and cocoa powder in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Bring mixture to a boil and book for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in oats, vanilla and salt (and peanut butter, if using) and stir vigorously until everything is thoroughly combined and coated.
- Use a spoon or ice cream scoop to drop equal amounts of “batter” onto parchment paper.
- Let cool and set for 10-15 minutes. Refrigerate to speed up the process.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate in an air-tight container for 7-10 days.