Who doesn’t love chili? This crock pot chunky chicken chili is very easy to make. It’s absolutely delicious, full of flavors, rich and it doesn’t take time to prepare! And if you choose to add lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cilantro and fat-free sour cream this chili will be amazing. Each bowl has 254 calories, 5 grams of fat. Check how it’s made and give it a try…
Chunky Chicken Chili
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours on high heat and 4 hours on low heat
- For the chili
- 1½ cups onion, diced
- 1 can (15 oz) dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 oz) white kidney beans (cannellini) rinsed and drained ( black beans or red kidney)
- 1½ cups Thick & Chunky Mild Salsa, I used Pace
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn, not defrosted
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- Tomatoes, chopped.
- Fat-free sour cream or fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- Cilantro, chopped
- Shredded lettuce
Microwave onions for 2 to 3 minutes.
In a crock-pot, mix the onions, both beans, salsa, tomato sauce, frozen corn, chili powder, cumin and garlic powder add in the chicken and mix until combiend. Cover the pot with lid and cook on low heat fo 4 hours or for 2 hours on high heat. This is best cooked over low heat, you can check if the chicken is done to know that the pot is ready.
Once cooked, Add 1 1/4 cups to each bowl and add on the topping you like.
Simple and flavory! This chili is amazing, and the best part is that it’s good for the health! Spices help lower bad cholesterol and improving heart function. Give it a try, I’m sure you will love it.