No disrespect to the fine folks at William-Sonoma, but I like my Chocolate Amaretto Panna Cotta recipe more. I’m happy to share it with you!
- One packet Knox gelatin
- ½ cup whole milk (for blooming gelatin)
- 1 ¾ cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup sugar (or to taste)
- ½ cup baking cocoa powder
- ¼ cup amaretto
- Sprinkle the packet of gelatin on top of ½ cup cold milk. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, heat up cream and sugar (do not boil). Add cocoa a little bit at a time and stir thoroughly. Once sugar dissolves, pour over the bloomed gelatin. Stir until gelatin dissolves, and add ¼ cup of amaretto. Strain mixture to remove cocoa powder clumps – there will be clumps! Pour into mold(s) and refrigerate for 4 hours.