Sicilian Orange Cake is a moist and delicious crowd-pleasing dessert. It could also be called a Whole Orange Cake, because the entire orange is used. Perfect for any occasion, but such a highlight with a cup of tea or coffee.
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 package instant lemon pudding mix…
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- Spray a 10 inch Bundt pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir together cake mix and pudding mix.
- Make a well in the center and pour in 3/4 cup orange juice, oil, eggs and lemon extract.
- Beat on low speed until blended.
- Scrape bowl, and beat 4 minutes on medium speed.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- (At least a half hour) In a saucepan over medium heat, cook 1/3 cup orange juice, sugar and butter for two minutes.
- With a toothpick poke holes through the cake.
- Page 2 of 2Orange Cake (cont.)
- Drizzle sauce over cake.
- *For a more glazed effect do not poke holes in the cake and use powdered sugar instead of granulated.
- You may not need to use as much powdered sugar as granulated according to how sweet you like it.
- Drizzle over cake.