Lasagna usually takes a really long time to make, and obviously noodles are not an option, but I wanted to still make a thick and creamy dish that could be layered and remain sturdy.
Cauliflower is one of my favorite vegetables to work with because it’s rich in nutrients but doesn’t carry a strong flavor.
Added with eggs, and mozzarella, cauliflower was the perfect base for this easy keto lasagna’s layers.
I can’t believe this is low carb. Doesn’t it amaze you how many extremely delicious foods you can eat with a low carb/keto lifestyle?
For this recipe I went with an alfredo sauce to cut the carbs down even more.
Feel free to use a tomato-ey sauce for a more traditional taste, but trust me, if you decide not to you won’t miss it.
I originally thought about subbing out the beef with chicken, but the ingredients still flowed together beautifully keeping it the same.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup raw spinach
- 1/2 cup low carb alfredo sauce
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 lb riced cauliflower, cooked
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- seasonings, to taste ( I added garlic, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning)
- Preheat oven to 375
- Grate fresh cauliflower or use prepared bag of cauliflower rice. Brown over medium heat in a skillet and drain all excess liquid using cheese cloth or towel.
- Mix eggs, mozzarella, grated Parmesan, and seasoning in large bowl with cauliflower rice
- Spread cauliflower rice mixture out like a pizza crust, about 1/4-1/2 inch thick on lined baking sheet
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown, set aside
meat sauce (while cauliflower layer bakes)
- Brown ground beef in skillet, drain fat, and add alfredo sauce and raw spinach
- Reduce heat and continue cooking until spinach is wilted, set aside
- Mix ricotta, grated parmesan, heavy whipping cream and seasoning together, set aside
- Oven at 375
- Prepare an 8×8 baking dish with non stick spray
- Cut cauliflower sheet into 2 halves and trim to fit the pan
- Place one layer of cauliflower on the bottom of the pan (I had to trim mine a little)
- Place half of meat sauce on top of layer, adding a couple additional tsps of alfredo if needed
- Add half of ricotta mixture on top of meat sauce layer and sprinkle 1/4 cup mozzarella
- Place second half of cauliflower layer and repeat last two previous steps with mozzarella on top
- Bake for 20 minutes until bubbling then broil for 3-5 minutes to brown cheese
- Serving Size: 1/6 of Pan
- Calories: 333
- Fat: 26
- Carbohydrates: 5 Total, 4 Net
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 27