This recipe for Air Fryer Donuts uses a fraction of the oil as the traditional method. Now you have a healthier way to indulge your sweet tooth that is easy, fun and guilt-free.
A doughnut or donut (the latter spelling often seen in American English) is a type of fried dough confection or dessert food. The doughnut is popular in many countries and is prepared in various forms as a sweet snack that can be homemade or purchased in bakeries, supermarkets, food stalls, and franchised specialty vendors.
Cure your craving for donuts in under 15 minutes with this Quick Air Fryer Doughnuts Glazed & Cinnamon Sugar recipe. Chocolate or vanilla coated, your sweet tooth will be satisfied.
If you have been looking for a healthier way of making doughnuts, this recipe is for you. Air-fried and dusted in cinnamon-sugar or dipped in a glaze–all the flavors are there, but the calories of frying are not
- 1 can pre-made flaky biscuit dough
- nonstick cooking spray
- ½ cup powdered sugar (55 g), sifted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- ¼ cup granulated sugar (50 g)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips (85 g)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- sprinkle, for topping
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F (180°C).
- Separate the biscuits. Use the bottom of a large piping tip to punch out circles in the center of each biscuit, creating doughnuts and doughnut holes.
- Grease the air fryer basket with nonstick spray.
- Working in batches of 3–4 at a time, “fry” the doughnuts and doughnut holes for 5 minutes, until golden brown.
- Make the glaze: In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk until smooth.
- Make the cinnamon sugar: In a separate small bowl, whisk together the sugar and cinnamon until combined.
- Make the chocolate glaze: In another small bowl, combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between, until smooth.
- Dip the doughnuts and doughnut holes in the glaze, cinnamon sugar, or chocolate glaze. Top with sprinkles, if desired.